Sunday, February 10, 2013

korova milk bar - do it again 12" 1989

one of the few singles the band had put out in their short career from 1989-92. just a couple of albums, one from bristol's subway org. and another on chapter 22, both active from the mid-eighties to the early nineties. it's a four song ep that's very reminiscent of the c86 movement.. jangly and youthful!
not like the lakers last slump, i am sorry i had to squeeze this in. just when you think you had a good run.. it could've been a 5-2 record on this grammy trip had they not gave that first game in phoenix away, but instead a slightly above average four of seven away-from-home stretch. i truly don't know how they can get into the playoff race with the way they're playing. may god bless my lakers, amen.

do it again....

something will happen...

7 comments:

new wave crossover said...

very good nice post again thank you.

cino_pacino said...

aaahhhhh.....!!!
glad to have you back foo!!

man united said...

Hi cino very nice post... can you give me the link for this...thanks

cino_pacino said...

hey man united... links at http://www.4shared.com/rar/B8LTU_di/Korova_Milk_Bar_-_Do_It_Again_.html

Steve said...

I pulled out my copy of The Ronko Presents EP hoping to stick it on Youtube today but couldn't get my record player working. Good to see at least some Korova stuff is on the web I remember seeing them quite a few times around 1988.

cino_pacino said...

hey Steve,
if you get your record player going do you mind giving me a copy of "the ronko presents ep"?? thanx mate.

Steve said...

Yep no problem, might be a while though as the record player's been in the attic for ages and is ceased up, hopefully a little oil will sort it. Here's a scan of the cover,http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2725/kmbk.gif, think there were 4 different sleeves, I've probably copies of the art work to all 4 somewhere. I'll post up a link for you when I manage to sort it out.